Top Tip Tricks
This card game challenges players to collect tricks, featuring examples of the 6 key gambling harm reduction tips. It provides a fun way to become familiar with the tips and put them into practice.
Materials to print:
Game cards (cut out and laminated), Info Sheet
FOR THIS GAME, YOU NEED GROUPS OF 3 OR 4 PLAYERS.
The goal of the game is to collect tricks made up of 4 examples of the same harm reduction tip from the info sheet.
- Shuffle the cards and deal out 5 cards to each player, except the player to the dealer’s left who is dealt 6. This is the starting player. Place the remaining cards face down in the middle of the table, together with the info sheet.
- The starting player reads out one of their cards. When the player finishes reading, any other player can call the card by raising their hand or shouting Me. This player receives the card. Now it’s this player’s turn to read out one of their cards for a player to call.
- Players can only call a card until they have 7 cards on their hand. They must not request any cards if they already hold 7.
- Should a player read out a card that nobody wants, then this can be placed on the bottom of the draw pile, and a card from the top of the draw pile can be drawn.
- If a player completes a set, they can place the set under the relevant Harm Reduction Tip on the info sheet. They can then top up their hand with cards from the draw pile, if any cards are available. If a player has less than 3 cards on their hand, they are finished and have to add their remaining cards to the bottom of the draw pile.