What we do
Our mission is for every young person in Scotland to have access to gambling education and harm prevention opportunities.
To achieve this, we provide free training, support, and resources to organisations working with children, young people, families, and communities. This includes:
- Training for your team on how to spot signs of gambling harm
- Training for the people you support around harm prevention and reduction
- Our Youth Fund, providing up to £1000 for peer gambling education projects
- Our Gambling Education Toolkit and harm prevention resources
- The Scottish Gambling Education Network newsletter and events
- And much more!
We advocate a public health approach to gambling harm prevention, and education is only one piece of that puzzle. That’s why we’re so passionate about the importance of working in partnership and collaboration to create change.
Training and events
Our RSPH-accredited training provides an introduction to gambling and the associated risks and harms, including the increasingly blurred lines between gaming and gambling.
Scottish Gambling Education Network (SGEN)
SGEN is the voice of gambling education in Scotland. It exists to share best practice, provide support and help establish, sustain and expand local gambling education projects.
Gambling Education Youth Fund
The Youth Fund can provide up to £1000 for groups of young people to create and run their very own gambling education and prevention initiative.
We have a wide range of gambling harm prevention and education resources for practitioners, families, and research and policy workers.